Saturday, December 11, 2010

...Just Friends?!?!

Drew and I met in our History 201 class at Brigham Young University! 



Megan's Version:
  When I first noticed Drew, he was wearing his scrubs from work and I thought to myself, "I bet we have a lot in common!" But of course, I never approached him! One day, I was outside the classroom studying for a test we had when Drew came in and sat down next to me! (He needed my notes from being a slacker and missing class ;] ) We started talking and figured out we were both from Colorado and our best friends in high school dated each other! He then started making the moves, and sitting by me every class. He then convinced me to take the next class (History 202) with him next semester, I agreed.  The first day of class came around and HE STOOD ME UP!! The whole point of me taking the class was to take it with him, and he didn't even show! ha. Well, the next class period came around and he finally came! Apparently, I denied him the first time he asked me to hang out, so I had to be the first to suggest hanging out. I was sick of waiting for him too, so I finally did.  We started spending more and more time together and I started realizing he was one of a kind, especially in good 'ole Utah County!


Drew's Version:
  When Megan first walked in the room, well truth be told I first noticed her smokin' hot legs. Megan is a head turner when she walks into a room. Maybe that is the first thing I noticed, how all the other dudes were looking at her. Her looks combined with her attitude just naturally say, "I'm too good for you." Luckily enough for the two of us, I was able to break that barrier. I have no idea after thinking about it how we even started talking. I remember the circumstances but not the conversation. She was sitting in the hall before class when got there after work one day. We had a test that day and I figured that I could use talking to a cute girl to raise my overall morale. Come to find out we were both from Colorado and from there, after minor lies and fabrications, we've come to find out that we have a lot in common. Honestly Megan was a breath of fresh air for me. She is fun, funny, and at least somewhat mature haha. That's all that I can disclose at this given time. Much love

Our First Date: Our first date, wasn't considered a date to us.. We were pretty head strong in staying just friends, so our first date consisted of Iron Man 2. He bought the tickets, I bought the popcorn!  
Our First Kiss: Drew's calling was the Ward Prayer leader, so he made treats every week for his ward. This particular week I showed him the chocolate dipped strawberries I had made and so, he asked if I would help him make like 200 for his Ward Prayer. It was the day after my birthday so he brought me a little pirate man as a present and he actually shaved just for me ;]
First Hand Holding: When Drew and I finally figured out we were starting to like each other, we started going on real dates! Probably our first REAL date was to see The Bounty Hunters. (We like movies) During the movie he reached over for my hand. After he clasped our hands, I got self conscious of my sweaty hands, so I pulled away! I apparently destroyed his little heart. It took a while before he would hold my hand again.
The 1st Proposal: Drew's family was coming in town to see the Manti Pageant and Drew invited me to tag along. We came up with the funniest plan to prank on his parents. I was going to act super stuck up and high maintenance, because Drew would NEVER date or marry a girl like that so the plan began! We went and got one of those cheap rings they sell at Walmart. We drove down to Manti to meet his family. I had the most make up I have ever worn in my entire life, my hair was a complete square and I was wearing my "hooker boots." I made Drew stand up so the sun would be out of my eyes and his parents were starting to get suspicious. They never commented on my ring until one of the actors asked if we were engaged. His dad was quick to say, NO! ha. When they told us the story, we corrected them saying we were engaged. His dad's immediate response was, "If you are being serious, I am going to punch you in the throat!" He was very supportive of our marriage! :] We finally admitted it was a joke and that we were just friends. His parents didn't buy it!  A week later we decided that we were suppose to get married, so overall the Manti prank was a joke on us! 
Asking my Dad's Permission: Drew and I decided to fly to Colorado the following weekend because we could not keep it a secret anymore. The day before we flew out, Drew got super sick! He was so nervous to ask my dad! He didn't sleep the night before and had awful night sweats and fevers. He could barely walk through the airport! It was pretty bad! We finally arrived, went to dinner, and then my dad got a phone call that made him MAD!! and Drew still had to ask! ha. Poor Drew! My dad ripped into him, making him go through every possible scenario, all the way to Plan Z of life. My mom finally cut in and we had both of their permission! And then wedding planning began! 


The REAL Proposal: I had to wait a while for my ring, but when we were visiting family in Colorado for the week, my ring arrived. We were staying with Drew's family at the time. We spent the night at the lake and went wake boarding all morning, so I took a quick nap. When I finally woke up, Drew began trying to convince me to go hiking with him. I was not going for it! It took me awhile to catch on to what he was planning, but when I did, I agreed. We hiked Red Rocks and when we had gotten to the top of these rocks, Drew told me to read something and handed me his phone. It was all about how much he loved me, and by the time I was done reading, he had the ring pulled out! 

I love Drew with all my heart and am so glad I get to spend eternity with him!!  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment