Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Wonderful 21st Birthday!

I had the most wonderful 21st birthday this weekend. Drew planned a weekend trip to Colorado, so I could spend time with my family! I was more than excited. We drove out Thursday, spent Thursday and Friday with Drew's family and friends and then drove down to Colorado Springs, Saturday through Monday. Friday, we spent the day at Drew's little brother's track meet and then met his best friend Taylor for a night at Elitches. It had to of been at least 6 years since the last time I had been and was a night full of laughter. 

Then, it was time for Saturday!!! When we got to the springs, my brothers and Drew went to the movies, and my mom and I went shopping (strange I know!) but it was so much fun! We call it "bonding." hehe. anywho, my parents spoiled me rotten!! My mom bought me a whole new outfit and my dad bought me lightroom. (something I have wanted FOREVER) so, be expecting lots of photography projects from here on out! We also went to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner and watched movies all night. It was so fun!

Sunday was my actual birthday! Church was wonderful as always and then we had Chuck (pretty much my other dad) over for dinner. Here are some pictures of us at dinner...

I sure do love him ;]

...more than words could ever explain...

my best friend...and the best mom ever!

My brothers are so awesome! and my husband!! Dillon and I were wondering through hobby lobby and saw all the cake decorating stuff, and decided we were going to make each other super sweet birthday cakes this year! Dillon decided to make me butterfly cupcakes! Tanner and Spencer wanted to help and so Drew had another bonding experience with my brothers while shopping and making my birthday cakes. 

WAHOO! I am finally 21 :]

(blowing out the candles)

A closer look at the awesome cupcakes! I really was spoiled!

I had such a wonderful time with both families and was sad to leave. (I even convinced Drew to let me stay with my mom half of Monday) It was a perfect birthday and I could not have asked for anything better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment