Sunday, February 13, 2011

The start of a wonderful Valentines!

Last night I was surfing the web and found a recipe for homemade doughnuts! My sister in law and I were all over this idea! ...and to make things even cooler... Alexis suggested making them heart shaped doughnuts! It was a very interesting process, but by the time we got to the doughnut holes... we were MASTERS... 

 I do owe all the photography credit to my wonderful husband! Isn't he awesome?!

 


The key is to keep the oil on LOW not HIGH... we learned this the hard way.. burnt doughnuts.. and burnt skin :/


Then you take them out of the oil and let the oil drain off on a wire rack...


We also made homemade icing. It was DELICIOUS!



Livy being Livy :p
(I think she gets it from her uncle Drew... in fact, he may have told her to do this)


...and save the best for last... here is his perfect picture! He is so proud of himself...
... as am I :]

No comments:

Post a Comment